Make it your own
Have fun nerding out AND planning for conference by visualizing the session and speaker data in Tableau. Use this page to learn how to access the data through the TC18 web data connector. Click here for tips and tricks on building your own schedule list from our training video wizard (note: this blog is from TC17, so some details have changed). TC18 session rooms and times are subject to change. Make sure to share your creation on social media with #TC18.
Need inspiration? Check out Lari's amazing example from last year.
- Open Tableau Desktop or Tableau Public. Note: WDC is only available in versions after Tableau 9.1+.
- In the "Connect" pane on the left, select "Web Data Connector" from under the "To a server" heading. If you don't see this option, select "More Servers..." and then "Web Data Connector"
- In the dialogue box, paste in the following URL and hit enter:
- Click the "Get Data" button. Once you're connected, you're ready to start building vizzes and dashboards.
- To get you started, we've created a join for you as the standard connection.